poetry, prose, and image by Brittney S Holland

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Soul Cure


Do you know how much I love this mutt? Really? Can you truly fathom the depths of my love? Honestly, I'm not even sure I can begin to adequately express this love with words...and I'm a writer, a poet, a wordsmith.

Now that I've wrapped up my self-portrait project, I've started an e-class on photography called Picture the Holidays. This class assigns me a daily photo task inspired by the holiday season. Today's task was: "use today to remind yourself of your own soul cure so you can have it at the ready for whenever you might need it. What helps you to slow down, take a deep breath and enjoy the moment? Capture it!"

So here it is, the image I submitted today. A "no brainer" huh? That's what I thought...at first. Then I thought of so many other things:

---my son's infectious laughter

---playing card games and board games with either of my children

---reading a really good book, the kind that whisks you into timelessness

---the beach, the beach, the beach

---doing anything with my sister

---listening to Yo Yo Ma play The Swan from Carnival of the Animals (Chamber version)

---a really good glass of wine, a quiet, peaceful rain, and a cozy blanket

What's your soul cure?

No comments:

Post a Comment