poetry, prose, and image by Brittney S Holland

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Delightful Discovery

-

image by izak zenou

I stumbled across this image yesterday, and I can't stop thinking about it. It captures so perfectly what I've been up to lately. The school system where I teach has "encouraged" me to participate in a local, certification initiative. Yes, ANOTHER one. "It's no big deal," they said. "It's mostly on-line," they said.

I spent TWO HOURS on ONE of a six-part assignment last week. I've got a year of this (ugh!)...and the whole time, a little voice in my head said, "You could be working on your doctorate."

Ahhhh, my doctorate. My long-lost dream.

As for Simon? He stands and stares at me, just like this little guy. He grows impatient. He wants my attentnion. He couldn't care less about all this homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment